Friday, October 22, 2010

Fantabulous Friday #32, FREE Cutting File

Good morning my Fantabulous Friday Friends!!!,

Welcome to another Fantabulous Friday! Today I am changing gears just a bit. For the last two weeks we have been focusing on a particular cartridge. But today, I am going to post on a particular “image” or cut. I was working on a project with a Fall-Halloween theme. I was looking for a Crow.

crow cricut cartridge cuts by melin-400

So of course I went to my Gypsy to do a search of what cuts were available. So here is what I came up with.

Here is a cut from October 31st Cartridge

crow from october 31 jpg

Here is a cut from the Cupcake Wrappers Cartridge

crow from cupcake wrappersjpg

While both of these are fine, neither was what I was looking for…so the hunt was on! I began doing a search on the net. I was looking for an SVG file that I could use to cut with my Cricut. For those of you that are unfamiliar with what an SVG is: it is a file format that allows you to use your Cricut along with a third party software to cut the file-die cut. I found a couple of freebies.

This project which features a FREE set from Deena Rutter has a couple of crows in it.

deenarutter project You can go HERE to download this set. While this was also really nice, it wasn’t exactly what I was looking for. And then Kristal, one of my fellow Cooking With Cricut DT members designed this cute little set.

kandrew crows

Here is a project she made using them. kandrewfallchallenge You can check it out HERE.

I then decided to work on making some up: I made this cutting file set: I called it the Crow Trio. You can get details and purchase it at Page-Kits.com: CLICK HERE

crow trio-500

And then I made this cutting file set, I called this one Crows, Silly Crows. You can purchase this set at Page-Kits.com as well: CLICK HERE

crows silly crows-500

Then I made this set: This one I called, Cream of the Crop-Crows. This one isn’t available for sale….yet. But hopefully it will be processed in the next few days. You can check out the link for it though: HERE

cream of the crop crows-500

So while on my Crow making frenzy, I made this little crow using my Cricut and some of the Cricut cuts (sorry, I don’t have a pattern for him…yet).

crow cricut cartridge cuts by melin-400

I did make this kit with some of the Cream of the Crop Crows. It is available in limited quantity at Page-Kits.com: HERE

cream of the crop 500

Last but not least, I made this quick and cute little crow.

cwc mb crow1-500j

You can download the FREE cutting file HERE. Available formats: AI, DXF, GSD, KNK, MTC, SVG, SCUT(scal 2.0) and WPC. It’s Available FREE only through Sunday evening, October 24th, ‘10

Well, I guess that’s it for today.

PLEASE BE SURE TO GO AND CHECK OUT THE CHALLENGE AT COOKING WITH CRICUT THIS WEEK! IT’S ALL ABOUT…..PUMPKINS…SO BE SURE TO HEAD OVER AND JOIN THE FUN! You may have some fun and win a little something too Smile

CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE CHALLENGE!

Have a FANTABULOUS FRIDAY….Melin

No comments:

More Inspiration

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...