Thursday, December 23, 2010

CWC Challenge #11–The Real Meaning of Christmas

Good morning everyone,
Here is my project for today’s challenge at CookingWithCricut.com. I actually made this layout a while back, but I had to bring it back from the archives, because it is one of my favorite layouts of ALL TIME….and boy have I done a lot of layouts.  It all came from my daughter. When we were coming home from Church, she had a sticky candy cane in one hand and a little piece of paper in the other. She asked me to hold the paper while she kept the candy cane….which was fine by me, because she was already a sticky mess! When I took the paper and looked at it, it had this little story written on it. It immediately got my wheels spinning! So I tucked it away until it was time to make a layout!
Here is a look at the entire layout.
ccm650
Here is a closer look at page one
100_5811
Here is a closer look at page two.
100_5810

Here is a close up of the pocket with the story. The pocket holds a removable photo mat that was finished on both sides for extra photos.
100_5794
Here is a close up of the little candy maker. When my kids saw him, they lamented that he looked like Jepedo from Pinocchio :-)
100_5780
Well that’s my project for today. Be sure to head over to CookingWithCricut.com and enter your project! 
May you all have a wonderfully blessed season of hope, joy and peace. May the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who sent His son to redeem us, fill your heart with the wonder and miracle of Christmas!
Merry, Merry CHRISTmas!
Melin

9 comments:

scrapstampcrazy said...

It's really amazing. Such attention to detail.

Lisa said...

You are so talented. I love to come to your blog and see all of your creations! This LO is awesome!!

Scrappin' Sista said...

WOW!!! I'm absolutely in awe. You have created an amazing piece of work. TFS. I hope you enjoyed a restful and joyous Christmas. And my prayer is that you will have a blessed New Year.

Christel a.k.a Scrappin' Sista

Sondra said...

Where can I find the cut file for old man?

Your page is one of the best ones I have ever seen

Sondra

Luvtoscrp@yahoo.com

cheryl said...

this is adorable. simple adorable.

Sheri said...

Hi, wonderful project. Are the files available for purchase?
rcorwin@cox.net

priscilla said...

Amazing layout !

Kate said...

Melin - I've been on a hunt to find this post but am SO thankful that I found it. (I saw a picture of your layout on another blog with a reference to Cooking with the Cricut.) This layout is beyond incredible. Everything about it is spectacular. FANTASTIC job!! (I really could just keep going on about this one!)

Melin said...

Thank you ladies for all your wonderfully kind comments. I surely do appreciate it! Have a wonderfully blessed day!

More Inspiration

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...