Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Best Friends Layout

Here is a layout I made with my daughter and her puppy in  mind.

best friend layout for mps
I created this layout using my Cricut Expression, my Gypsy and several cartridges.

puppy and bear close up
Here is a close up of the cute little bear and puppy dog paper piecings.
The bear was made with the following cartridges.
  • George and Basic Shapes
  • Everyday Paper Dolls
  • Animal Kingdom
  • Preserves
I used my Gypsy to re-size and skew some of the shapes.
The puppy dog was made with the following cartridges.
  • George and Basic Shapes
  • Animal Kingdom
  • Preserves
I again used my Gypsy to resize and skew some of the shapes.
flowers close up
I used the following cartridges for the flowers and leaves.
  • 50 States
  • Walk In My Garden
I used my Gypsy to size the flowers into two different sizes. I Glimmer Misted the flowers and then inked them with some Brown ink. I curled them to add dimension. I inked the leaves and then added some stickles for the leaf veins as well as the centers of the flowers. Sorry my photos don’t show the nice soft shimmer the Glimmer Mist adds to the flowers.
rose closeup 2
Here is a shot of the rolled roses flowers. These flowers were also cut from my Gypsy and the 50 States Cartridge. Like the other flowers, they all started out as plain white cardstock. I then glimmer misted them and with these, I just cut a slit at the end of the original Cricut flower so they could roll.

friends closeup
Here is a close up of the border I created using my Gypsy and the Cake Basics Cartridge. I welded the border to create an almost 12” border.

The title “Best Friends” was cut from Hello Kitty Font Cartridge.

The photo corners were from Picturesque.

I plan to put pictures of my daughter when she was younger on here with her puppy. What a gift this dog has been for her….and me. God is certainly so gracious to allow us to have such wonderful companions in life.
Thank you for coming by. Have a wonderfully blessed evening.

15 comments:

Scrappin' Sista said...

I love it. You did a great job!

Christel

Melissa said...

Melin - your layout turned out so amazing! Good luck!

Heather said...

Great LO! TFS
bhoward at kci dot net

Denise G said...

Melin,

Your layout is amazing and I hope you end up on the MPS design team. Your work is always a treat to look at. You take ordinary cartridges and turn them into something extra ordinary.

Mad Crafter said...

Melin, this is fantastic. Your work is always amazes me. Good luck with the DT challenge. You ROCK:)
~Madison

Tami B. said...

This is gorgeous! I love your work & am so glad I found you.

Raechel said...

This is stunning! Absolutely beautiful...I am so glad I found you...I am a new follower!
TFS~Raechel
http://raechelscards.blogspot.com/

Creative Cutter Retreats said...

Beautiful as always! Best of luck making the Design Team. Hugs Cathie

Staying Crafty said...

This is wonderful! I love those big, sweet eyes on your critters :)

Roxie said...

So cute. I love the animals and the flowers. Good Luck!

Laura Lee said...

Very pretty. Good Luck!

Anita said...

Melin, your work is amazing!! Awesome layout!! Good Luck!! Anita

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

very pretty!!! Good luck!!!
-Sam :-)

p.s. I'm a new follower :-)

SweetSassyDiva said...

Did you use ink or chalk on the critters? Good Luck! I hope you check out mine at
http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com

I am enjoying all the variety and creativity! Great way to start the year! TFS!

We are doing a blog hop today for the three Kings day and there will be some yummy blog candy along the way! I hope you can stop by

Maria Elena said...

Love it ! Super cute Melinda !

Have a great Thursday ;-)
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

More Inspiration

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...